Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun with Novocaine

Emma recently had a trip to the dentist to have some cavities taken care of, which she's never had to do before. Like me, she hated being numb for hours much more than the pain that set in after it wore off. But she soon discovered it wasn't all bad. After all, she could do some pretty cool stuff with her face. Like this:
A smile without Novocaine:










A smile with Novocaine:










A pout without Novocaine:










A pout with Novocaine:





She was so funny about it! We would just be going about our business, and she would come up to me (or Sariah, or Katherine) with a serious face until she had my full attention and then just smile as big as she could. It made me crack up every time. The pout was funny, too. She asked me to do something, and I said no. Her usual response to this is to pout, so she gave that a try. It didn't quite work. It looked so funny! Maybe you had to be there. :)

1 comment:

holly b said...

that's cute. Matt had some dental work done recently and I made him make a bunch of faces too, remembering this post. :)